Together we can
in New York
Using our collective voice to promote the safety, health, and future of unhoused youth in New York State
- Contribute to vibrant and focused advocacy aiming to end youth homelessness in NY
- Support youth with lived experience who are shaping the movement with paid internships and employment opportunities
- Ensure youth leaders have a safe and welcoming space to meet and organize
Become a Member
- Join us and help #endyouthhomelessness
- Gain unlimited access to web-based trainings about how to best support youth experiencing homelessness
- Receive timely and current updates on city and statewide advocacy efforts
Recent CHY Achievements
I live in NYC and I am experiencing homelessness
Make a Donation In-Kind
As an advocacy organization that does not provide direct services to youth, we don’t have a need for clothing or other in-kind donations. However, we encourage you to reach out to a youth program near you. You can find the youth shelter closest to you HERE.
Executive Director, She/Her
Community Coordinator, They/Them
Digital Advocacy Fellow, He/Him
Peer Navigation Program Manager, He/Him
The Coalition for Homeless Youth is a consortium of over 60 agencies working to improve the lives of runaway, homeless and street-involved youth across New York State. We work to recognize and uphold the plight of homelessness among young people across ethnicities, genders and orientations.
Let’s get social
📣NEW: @NYCMayor is conducting an historically unprecedented number of homeless sweeps.
New data released via FOIL shows that btwn 3/20/21 & 7/26/21 @NYCDHS conducted 2,685 sweeps.
No one gets housing from sweeps. Sweeps just police homeless people out of sight. #StopTheSweeps https://twitter.com/SafetyNetUJC/status/1385273416157118471
📣📣 NEW: @NYCMayor has rapidly escalated homeless sweeps in 2021.
@NYCDHS also increased sweeps during the HOPE count in January.
In the first 3 months of 2021 there were 875+ sweeps.
Sweeps don't help people get housed, they just displace and traumatize.