Together we can
in New York
Using our collective voice to promote the safety, health, and future of unhoused youth in New York State
- Contribute to vibrant and focused advocacy aiming to end youth homelessness in NY
- Support youth with lived experience who are shaping the movement with paid internships and employment opportunities
- Ensure youth leaders have a safe and welcoming space to meet and organize
Become a Member
- Join us and help #endyouthhomelessness
- Gain unlimited access to web-based trainings about how to best support youth experiencing homelessness
- Receive timely and current updates on city and statewide advocacy efforts
Recent CHY Achievements
I live in NYC and I am experiencing homelessness
Make a Donation In-Kind
As an advocacy organization that does not provide direct services to youth, we don’t have a need for clothing or other in-kind donations. However, we encourage you to reach out to a youth program near you. You can find the youth shelter closest to you HERE.
Executive Director, She/Her
Community Coordinator, They/Them
Digital Advocacy Fellow, He/Him
Peer Navigation Program Manager, He/Him
The Coalition for Homeless Youth is a consortium of over 60 agencies working to improve the lives of runaway, homeless and street-involved youth across New York State. We work to recognize and uphold the plight of homelessness among young people across ethnicities, genders and orientations.
Let’s get social
Int. 2405 is a commonsense bill that will make CityFHEPS vouchers more accessible to runaway and homeless youth. Thank you, @StephenLevin33, for sponsoring this bill. The @NYCCouncil must pass this bill ASAP. https://twitter.com/PolenbergM/status/1452655250544996360
Thanks to @StephenLevin33 for channeling the late great Lew Fidler's outrage that services - including housing vouchers - for homeless young people shouldn't be more readily available. We urge the @NYCCouncil to pass Intro. 2405 & allow young people to access CityFHEPS vouchers!